BSi Steel Ltd. Branches - African PROJECTS
Project Services, a division of BSI Steel Africa, caters for project requirements
BSI Steel Africa is a Mauritius based company and specializes in the following:
- The sourcing of quality steel products from across the globe to supply its African subsidiaries and direct customers operating on the African continent
- Supplying finance and terms to its customers
- Offering logistics and supply chain options to provide superior lead times to all African locations
Project Services, a division of BSI Steel Africa, provides a holistic steel supply solution that caters for a range of customer requirements. Products are sourced out of Europe, North America, South Africa, India, China, CIS and Brazil.
Our Steel Offering
In many African locations where large construction projects are taking place, the reliable supply of quality steel products at competitive prices is a challenge. This is because there is no comprehensive stockholding on the ground to support such projects adequately. Furthermore, many projects demand strict compliance and certification with respects to steel supplied, and these steels are not readily available in most project locations. The only option is to engage the services of a service provider such as BSI Steel Africa – Project Services Division to provide a holistic service in the form of:
- Providing steel expertise and advice
- Offering competitive pricing through leveraging off BSI Group's international buying power
- Providing a slick, professional supply chain and logistics service
- Providing trade finance where possible
- Access to a wide range of quality steel products from reliable sources
Products serviced include:
- Structural plate ( which includes profiled plate )
- Scheduled pipes and fittings ( Steam Pipe)
- Stainless steel products
- Structural sections (angles, channels, beams, columns etc.)
- Roofing products
- Cold formed sections and purlins
- Re-inforcing steel and mesh
- Engineering steels
- Large bore pipes and flanges
Logistics and Finance
Many projects have their own purchasing expertise, but this can be severely tested in new locations where infrastructure is lacking. Transport into Africa is fraught with problems, including border delays, unavailability of suitable haulage and incorrect documentation to name a few. BSI Africa has over 30 years of experience in serving African markets and has gained valuable advantages in logistics to complement our steel offering and ensure a comprehensive solution.
If projects are duty and VAT exempt, the benefits of buying on a CIF or CFR basis are significant compared with sourcing from local stockists who have incurred warehousing, handling and clearing costs. The benefits of buying on a project basis, is only buying what is required and no more. This ensures working capital is optimized and material is used as it arrives.
Occasionally project finance becomes constrained due to time delays or other factors. This impacts the supply chain and results in further delays. BSI Africa is able to offer approved customers rolling credit facilities to minimize disruption of supply.
Target customers include those involved in :
- Mining and mineral beneficiation
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM)
- Fabrication and Engineering
- Construction and infrastructure
- Agricultural and allied industries
Contact Information for Projects
Manager: Craig Lotze
Physical address: 46 Eden Park Drive, Murrayfield Park Mkondeni, Pietermaritzburg, KZN, 3201, RSA | GPS: S29°34.077',E030°14.262'
Switchboard:+27 (0) 33 846 22 22 | Tel: +27 (0) 33 846 2237 | Fax: +27(0) 33 846 2274
Mobile: +27 82 9005737 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org